Georgia State University’s UIA Fellow will occupy a fulltime position supporting the work of the UIA, in general, and Georgia State’s student success efforts. Reporting to the Senior Director for Student Success Analytics and working collaboratively with the Division of Student Success including the Senior Vice President for Student Success and the National Institute for Student Success, the UIA Fellow will engage in critical work to help to identify new solutions to problems of student attrition, evaluate and scale proven innovations, manage ongoing projects, and communicate and diffuse outcomes – ultimately helping more students have access to and graduate with a high quality, affordable degree. The position provides a collaborative, fast-paced, and challenging experience coupled with training in cutting edge transferable skills, such as Design Thinking, data analytics, and pressing issues in higher education. The UIA Fellow will gain the unique networking opportunities of some of the most innovative public institutions nationwide to support your launch into a high-level university leadership career.
Specific duties include:
- Shepherd UIA scale projects related to predictive analytics, proactive advising, strategic financial interventions, and/or college to career efforts
- Receive intentional professional development training, including in change management, process mapping, and/or design thinking
- Engage senior leaders of student success work; observe their decision making; understand how initiatives are conceptualized, launched & managed
- Work to support at least one Alliance-wide activity
- Support dissemination of UIA findings on innovating & scaling student success
Anticipated salary: $75,000
Application deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted online directly to GSU. To apply, please visit the GSU Human Resources website. Information below provides details on the exact posting at Georgia State University.
- Posting Title: Project Director - University Innovation Alliance Fellow (UIA Fellow)
- Job Number: 22001414
- Direct link to the GSU posting: https://gsu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=22001414&lang=en#.Y1lk2t2QuRk
- Bachelor's degree;
- Seven years of related experience;
- Or, a combination of education and related experience.
- Ph.D. or A.B.D. candidates;
- At least three years of relevant full-time work experience (3-8 years preferred);
- Earned a track record of success in academic and professional settings;
- Experience with and knowledge of higher education issues, especially those surrounding the success and attrition of college students;
- Demonstrate an ability to apply an analytical mindset to solve problems;
- Strong project management experience;
- An infectious energy and aptitude to motivate others;
- Embody a professional, mature, and humble presence, especially among senior leaders;
- Able to take initiative and drive results both independently and as part of a team;
- Customarily think outside the box and rapidly iterate to strategically solve problems;
- Hold an unwavering passion and commitment to transforming public higher education;
- Experience with qualitative research methodologies including focus group moderation is a plus.
Required Application Materials
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- NOTE: Finalists will also need to submit name and contact information for at least 3 references
Please submit your application materials online directly through the GSU Jobs portal. All materials can be addressed to the attention of Dr. Allison Calhoun-Brown, Senior Vice President for Student Success.