Michigan State University (MSU) seeks to expand its University Innovation Alliance (UIA) Fellow team. Reporting to one of MSU's UIA co-liaisons, the UIA Fellow for the Student Voice Focus Group Project will oversee the development of a national focus group initiative across UIA campuses. The Fellow will design a pilot focus group program to elicit low-income, first generation, and student of color voices on undergraduate student success.
Specific duties include:
- Supervise graduate student assistant.
- Design pilot focus group program to elicit low-income, first generation, and student of color voices on undergraduate student success. Program should entail working with UIA campus liaisons, fellows, or designees; designing recruitment plan and focus group protocol; getting necessary IRB approvals; training focus group facilitators; data management and analysis; designing templates for reporting and using findings for policy and program recommendations.
- Design a full focus group program to implement on UIA campuses. Implementation includes training campus partners to conduct focus groups, interpret data, and make policy and program recommendations.
- Work with UIA central team to create dissemination tools (e.g., toolkit or play book) for postsecondary institutions to use focus groups to elicit low-income, first generation, and student of color voices on undergraduate student success.
- Communicate (e.g., reports, research briefs) findings to UIA campuses and beyond.
- Participate in all-UIA convenings and meetings.
- Manage project budget and expenses.
Anticipated Salary: $70,000
All materials must be received by June 24, 2022, Eastern Daylight Time.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted online directly to MSU. To apply, please visit the Careers@MSU website. Information below provides details on the exact posting at MSU.
- Posting Title: Specialist - Outreach Fixed Term - UIA Fellow
- Job Number: 785927
- Direct link to the MSU posting: https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/511043/specialist-outreachfixed-term
- Master's Degree in education or another social science discipline;
- Experience conducting focus group research;
- Experience writing for audiences of higher education policy and practice;
- Experience training higher education staff, faculty, and/or students;
- Experience as part of a social science research team;
- Highly organized; and
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate student success, particularly for low-income, first generation, and/or students of color.
- Research doctorate (PhD or EdD) in education or another social science discipline;
- Experience leading a social science research team; and
- Experience in a higher education practice or policy role.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references to be addressed to the attention of Kris Renn.
- General questions can be addressed to Kris Renn at email@example.com