The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is seeking its inaugural UIA Fellow. Reporting to the Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Academic Affairs, the UIA Fellow will be responsible for the coordination of student success efforts as they relate to our partnership with the University Innovation Alliance (UIA).
Specific duties include:
- Support high-yield projects that are impactful to UMBC and critical to the scaling mission of the Alliance,
- Project management, policy research, assessment, memo and proposal writing, and program enrichment analysis,
- Shepherd UIA projects related to institutional redesign for student success as well as University-directed student success initiatives related generally to academic advising, diversity and inclusion, and initiative inventories, amongst others,
- Support UIA Central initiatives and help disseminate UIA collective learnings related to innovating and scaling student success initiatives
Anticipated Salary Range: $50,000-70,000.
Priority review will be for all materials received by September 24, 2021, but the position will remain open until closed.
How to Apply
All applications should be received directly by UMBC. To apply, please visit the Jobs at UMBC Website. Information below provides details on the exact posting at UMBC.
- Posting Title: Project Coordinator/UIA Fellow
- Job Number: 493468
- Direct link to the posting: https://listings.umbc.edu/cw/en-us/job/493468/project-coordinatoruia-fellow
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of work experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Master’s degree in any program
- At least three years of work experience
- A track record of success in academic and professional settings
- Project a strongly optimistic, positive energy and aptitude in order to motivate others
- Ability to make connections between divergent people, projects, and goals
- A presence that exhibits professionalism, maturity, and humility
- An ability to take initiative and drive results both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to customarily think outside the box and rapidly iterate to strategically solve problems
- Exceptional project management skills and talent to appropriately pivot and adapt
- An unwavering passion and commitment to transforming public higher education to better serve low-income, first generation, and historically underrepresented students
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references to be sent to the attention of Dr. Katharine Cole, Vice Provost and Dean.
- Questions can be addressed to Camilo Villalpando at email@example.com.