The University of Utah seeks its inaugural UIA Fellow. Reporting to the University’s UIA liaisons, including the Senior Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of Undergraduate Studies, the UIA Fellow at the University of Utah will have the opportunity to shepherd UIA scale projects related to predictive analytics, proactive advising, strategic financial interventions, and/or college to career efforts as well as university-directed student success initiatives related generally to academic innovations, student and faculty success frameworks, as well as initiative inventories and success reporting, amongst others. The UIA Fellow will also be trained in process mapping and design thinking to help improve the likelihood of student success for undergraduates who identify as first-generation college students, from low-income households/communities, and/or students of color and other historically underserved backgrounds. This will include the development of a scalable student success project, moving from diagnosis of a problem through project completion. The U’s UIA Fellow will be exposed to senior leaders across student success work at the University of Utah, both through UIA activities and as the Special Assistant to the SAVPAA/Dean including the offices within the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Undergraduate Studies, Student Affairs, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, and more; their decision making; and, how student success initiatives and projects are conceptualized, launched, and managed over time.
Specific duties include:
- Managing high-yield projects that are impactful to the University of Utah and critical to the scaling mission of the Alliance,
- Utilizing skills such as project management, policy research, assessment, memo and proposal writing, and program enrichment analysis,
- Shepherding UIA scale projects related to predictive analytics, proactive advising, strategic financial interventions, and/or college to career efforts,
- Supporting UIA Central initiatives and help disseminate UIA collective learnings related to innovating and scaling student success initiatives.
Anticipated Salary Range: $90,000 - 110,000.
All materials must be received by the University of Utah no later than July 16, 2022.
How to Apply
All applications should be received directly by the University of Utah. To apply, please visit the University of Utah Employment Opportunities Page. Information below provides details on the exact posting listed at the U.
- Posting Title: UIA Fellow
- Job Number: PRN31370B
- Direct link to the posting: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/136190
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two years of work experience
- Master's degree in any program
- At least three years of work experience (3 - 8 years preferred)
- Track record of success in academic and professional settings
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Possess an infectious energy and aptitude to motivate others
- Make connections between divergent people, projects, and goals
- Embody a professional, mature, and humble presence, especially among senior leaders
- Able to take initiative and drive results both independently and as part of a team
- Customarily think outside the box and rapidly iterate to strategically solve problems
- Have exceptional project management skills and talent to appropriately pivot and adapt
- Hold an unwavering passion and commitment to transforming public higher education to better serve low-income, first generation, and historically underrepresented students
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references can be submitted through the application link provided above. Please address all materials to the attention of Dr. Thomas Chase Hagood, Senior Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of Undergraduate Studies.