Bridget Burns, Executive Director of the University Innovation Alliance, and Paul Fain, Inside Higher Ed's Contributing Editor, speak with Dr. Alexander Cartwright, President of the University of Central Florida. As a first-generation college student in his own family, Dr. Cartwright has advocated for student success initiatives, diversity, equity, and higher graduation rates throughout his leadership career. His wisdom, compassion, and calm are truly refreshing. Topics include:
- Building relationships at a distance as a new leader at U.C.F.
- Advice for first-generation college students
- Higher education's transformative role in shaping America's future
- What servant leadership means
- A post-pandemic balance between technology and interpersonal relationships